Beautify your bathroom
Is your master bath looking ancient and in need of a make-over or uplift? If you’re considering a project to remodel a bathroom in your master suite, before you start, there are several things you need to consider first. Like “Can I DIY bathroom remodel?” or “Who to hire to remodel a bathroom?” The answer to the first one is do you believe and feel that can you remodel your bathroom yourself? What is your level of experience with carpentry, working with power tools, electricity, plumbing, etc.? Even if you are comfortable, you may well to hire a professional electrician or plumber for some work to make sure it is done right.
For DIY bathroom remodel for beginners, next, as you plan your remodel bathroom project, “Where to remodel a bathroom?”, is it a downstairs bathroom or upstairs? Is it already a master bathroom or are you converting a hallway bathroom next to your master bedroom?
Bathroom remodel ideas on a budget
How much you can and want to remodel not only depends on your ability, the space you have to work with, or if this will be a DIY project or hire out to have professionally done. Your budget is the biggest determining factor, even if you can afford professional contractors, you still have a budget.
The average remodel bathroom can start at $10,000 and climb quacking to over $20,000 if you’re not careful. Make this a DIY project though, and you can have a beautiful remodel bathroom without busting the bank-wide open.
- Go Easy with The Tile: Tile can be expensive if you get carried away or hire a professional contractor to install it. Use tile only where it will make a high-impact focus like the floor or the shower stall, but not both. One horizontal strip along three of the walls for your remodel bathroom project can do more impact than you imagine.
- Counter Tops Savings: Go granite for your remodel bathroom countertops. The bathroom is the smallest room in your home that has countertops, so the expense will be minimal, and the investment will have a huge ROI.
- Paint it Pretty: Painting is cheap and effective to give your remodel bathroom a new, fresh look. Buy a little more paint than you expect to need though. You’ll be painting around
- Fixture Update: It’s the little details that make the impact. The drawer pulls, light fixtures, sink faucets, and towel racks will give your remodel bathroom project the pop you’re wanting. While they can all be on the expensive side, they can be a huge ROI too.
- Fresh Caulk and Grout: Don’t overlook the most important details of your remodel bathroom project: Caulk and grout. When these are dingy, dirty, and grimy, they are unsightly and make any bathroom look aged and nasty. You can clean the grout and apply new caulk around the sink and tub for cheap.
- Redo Cheaper Than New: Replace that shower or both, but once you’ve priced them, rethink that. Both can be refinished, relined professionally for a fraction of what it will cost to buy new. The sink, though, is another creature. Refinishing is expensive. Look for a vintage piece in a resale shop or shop second-hand home furnishing stores. A redo or a resale store find will do wonders for your remodel bathroom project.
- Go Green: When you do you remodel bathroom project, incorporate redesign for the environment with low-flow toilets, showerheads, and sinks. Not only does this help the environment, but it will do a lot for your water bill too.
Master bathroom remodel ideas
Maybe your remodel bathroom budget isn’t that tight? Here are six things that we recommend you consider for your master bathroom remodel:
- A skylight over a garden tub
- Create a focal point with the bathtub
- An open shower or all-glass shower
- Subway tile lining the walls
- Double Sinks
- Calming touches with dark colors
Bathroom remodel pictures
If you’re not 100% sure of what you want to do with your master bathroom remodel project, search online, watch any of the many remodelings shows on television, and YouTube is always a great source of ideas and information. You can get some great ideas by taking tours of open houses, especially new builds. With new builds, you’ll see the latest of what’s on the market, and you can choose to go with a lesser knock-off of that faucet and sink combo your fall in love with.
Remodel bathroom ideas
This is your master bathroom, and the choices are unlimited. Your imagination, vision, and your budget are all that is holding you back from making this the best room in your entire house. Regardless of how much you spend; You can make this room worthy of having a master bathroom remodel party with family and friends to show it off! Call (419) 865-1799 today for bathroom remodeling in Swanton, OH.